Saturday, April 30, 2016

Busy April

A busy month of April it was!

I am amazed how quickly the year is flying by!

I have been self~teaching myself how to quilt and in the above picture(s) I am just beginning a scrappy tumbler quilt!
So far it has been easy and I am enjoying it.
I have always wanted to be a quilter and now taking baby steps into it!

April bought beautiful weather so got a pedi.
First time wearing blue!

Oh, and I love wearing Lularoe buttery soft leggings!
My daughter Heidi is a consultant and love all the dresses, shirts and leggings!

Grandma Maryjane always has jarfuls of yummy treats for the grandchildren!
One of my daughters said that her kids will always remember where they can get big soft marshmallows at!

For the last few months I have been making
Cookies in a Jar 
and keeping them on my pantry shelf!
I make about 5 different kinds and it's 
wonderful having them pre~mixed, 
and ready to make a fresh batch of cookies in minutes! 
We have had guests come unexpected and 
while visiting I am whipping up a batch!

Life is full, and good.
As in life, we all still go through trials
but with the love & support of the Lord
and family ... we can do anything!

Wishing you a wonderful month of May!


8 comments:

Diana said...

Fun post, time does seem to be flying by! Quilt project looks great, I really like the way those fabrics look together. Happy spring!

janice15 said...

Leggings are nice when you find a great pair. Funny i for the first time did a pedi in blue last month. Like the quilting its been on my mind i made ababy one years ago but i want to make a big one too. Hope things get better with love Janice

Karen L. Bates said...

Love this post so bright, cheery, and positive. Thanks for sharing. Love the teal toes! I am going to check out the leggings.

Melissa Smith said...

Reading your blog is such a delight! You are so inspiring in whatever you do! Going to check out the leggings! Love the toes!!!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Good luck with learning to quilt. My sister-in-law is an expert quilter and I have lucky to be the recipient of quilting gifts. Love them.

Ginger Dawn Harman said...

Wonderful photos and Happy May to you! I am excited to see more of the quilt!

Unknown said...

I love your idea of having "cookies in a jar" ready on the shelf. I have made these in the past for gifts, but never thought about having them at the ready for when the cookie urge strikes, haha. Love the blue nail polish, and your tumbler quilt also.

Karen L. Bates said...

Hope you are having a good summer. It's such a busy time...no time for blogging..lol.