Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Beloved Fabric Sewn in My Quilt

 I love my quilt filled with flowers and a white picket fence!

When I saw this pattern that Lori Holt from
Bee in My Bonnet created, 
it brought back a flood of memories growing up!

We had a white picket fence lined with flowers and rose bushes.

I had this custom made by my sister-in-law Susan.
 Below is beloved vintage material from 1957.
My sweet Grandmother Walberg made me a dress out of it.
I was in kindergarden and remember the dress in detail!

I was recently given my Grandmother's fabric bag of scraps,
and found my dress fabric in it!
Along in the scrap bag was beloved vintage fabric from a dress 
my sweet Mother Gloria wore 
pictured below that her Mother (my Grandma Walberg) made for her when she was my age in the 1930's!

I had to have these precious fabrics
incorporated into the quilt.
Priceless. 
It stays in one of the quest rooms.

I love it to pieces!
XOXO

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Maryjane, your quilt is beautiful! How sweet that you can recognize the fabric pieces. I love all the pretty colors.

Bernideen said...

How darling and what a great way to keep memories alive and well! I once made a queen sized quilt from all the scraps of my maternity clothes (1970's). I eventually sold it at a yard sale as the colors were very bright! Ha!

Kris said...

What a treasure Maryjane! The quilt is absolutely stunning. I love that sunny yellow!!!
You must come sew with me soon!!!!
XO Kris

craftyles said...

The quilt is beautiful. I love the picket fence and the happy yellow color. The best thing is the fabrics that you had worked into it. You are so lucky to get your Grandma's scrap bag.

Ginger Dawn Harman said...

Ginger Dawn Harman said...

Oh My Gosh! This is beautiful and will be a great heirloom! This has to be featured in the next MaryJane magazine! Maybe tell more about story of the dress that your grandmother made! Please Please Please!

Ginger Dawn Harman said...

I am in love with this quilt! What a heirloom! Please feature this in the next MaryJane Magazine. With more about your grandmother and the dress she made you. I love the stories that are in quilts!

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

It looks beautiful and so much better with the memories.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Beautiful in so many ways....you must of been so excited to receive the fabric. I can't imagine looking at the quilt without my mine filling up with wonderful memories. You workmanship is also beautiful!