Thursday, September 24, 2015

Organizing My Jewelry

 For years I had my jewelry in individual zip lock bags
in ONE drawer of this "tallboy" dresser.
It became more difficult for me to find what I needed.
I was pulling out the entire drawer, putting it on the bed and 
shuffling through the mess!
By the time I found what I needed, I was frustrated!  
Knowing I needed to do something,
They come with the soft, fiber fill too!

When the boxes arrived shortly after ordering them, 
I dove into the mass of plastic bags, 
and began sorting & de~cluttering!

Under each box is its lid.
Great for traveling … grab, pack & go!
 Now when I open the drawers to coordinate
jewelry with an outfit,
it is quick, easy and a joy!
 Sometimes I find myself walking by the dresser,
can't help myself and have to take a peek!
 Also by being able to see all my jewelry,
I will see what I don't use overtime and can pass it along.
Like we do with clothing.
 Just trying to make life a little easier,
one step at a time!

14 comments:

Cozy Little House said...

I don't wear jewelry (I have some around here someplace) but I'm constantly looking for ways to declutter. I'd swear that things multiply like magic.
Brenda

Shelia said...

What a great idea and I love all the little compartments! I need to do something like this as I have a slew of plastic bags myself! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Terra said...

You found a brilliant way to organize your jewelry.

corners of my life said...

Oh how I love little projects like this.
Doesn't it just make you smile every time you open those drawers.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

WOW I love the idea. I just wished my jewelry box was that big so I could do the same thing.

Unknown said...

Awesome organizing tip,,,,so where did you get that dresser???

craftyles said...

I love your organized jewelry. I finally bought a jewelry box from Nile Corp online and it has helped me get all stuff organized. Love you jewelry chest!

Oliva Ohlson said...

I tend to wear the same jewelry over and over again because of cluttered jewelry box. Thank you for sharing this awesome jewelry organization method. Have a wonderful weekend!

Brooke Kroeger said...

You are a girl after my own heart. I have just as much or more. Love your chest.

Bernideen said...

Wow! Now that's incredibel!

Unknown said...

Very nice job! Boxes from Amazon, a great idea!

Laura Janusch said...

Very nice job! Boxes from Amazon, a great idea!

Ricky Rowe said...

This post was very helpful. I'm glad that you found a good solution to your jewelry storage issues. I probably would have never thought to purchase individual boxes to put inside of my jewelry case. I can see how this would make your items way easier to find. Thanks for sharing this information.

Ricky Rowe @ Find A Jewelry Expert

Verna Ford said...

That’s a great dresser. I’ve always kept my jewelry in a single box, and it always gets all tangled up and stuck together, but I’ll for sure check out a similar dresser for myself. What do you do with your old jewelry? Do you sell it or give it away to charity? I’ve got a ton of rings I never wear anymore.

Verna Ford @ Jacobs The Jewellers