Thursday, July 9, 2015

Visiting With The Chickens!

Good day sweet people!

One of my favorite things to do each day
is sit and visit with my sweet hens.

Yes, we chit chat back and forth.
I go into the coop to hold them, love them,
 and check to see all is well physically.
It's a time I cherish and my cares & worries
stay outside.
I love tucking them in their coop each evening too.
They hear me coming and dash in from the chicken~run.
They feel comfortable enough for me staying in the coop, 
while they lay also.

Charlie and Sammie are my side~kicks 
and love visiting the hens also.
This darling young man is my Grandson Blake.

He helped keep the hens in tip~top shape while 
Hubby and I went out of town, 
with the help of his mommy Shelli.
My motto for this week …
"take time to talk to the chickens"!

9 comments:

Kris said...

Hi Maryjane. Oh how i have missed your posts! Looks like you are busy as usual! I love the new table! Darling! And the coop, and your girls...so healthy looking. Poor Sadie with the pecking. Wherever did you find the darling apron for her?
Hope to be back to blogging soon.
XO Kris

Junkchiccottage said...

Maryjane,
You are so cute and what a great "mommy hen" your are to the girls. Too sweet.
Kris

Stacey said...

How sweet. I've heard that chickens really come to love their people. I bet yours love you. :)

*Shelli* said...

How sweet! We sure enjoy your sweet chickens and your beautiful house. Blake enjoys swimming and checking on the chickens. We will see you soon! :)

Cynthia LaFourcade said...

I loved this post, Maryjane. I'm glad to see I'm in good company, as I visit and talk with my girls as well. Many of the locals here that raise chickens for dual purpose (eggs and meat) think I'm eccentric. Oh well, to each his (or her) own. Your coop is darling, and I love your website! Very inviting.

Carole West said...

Your chicken coop is cute and I really like their nesting boxes. Very cleaver! Always nice to have a helper nearby too. Sounds like you enjoy your chickens as much as I enjoy my quail. Very neat! Hope you enjoy a beautiful Weekend.

Carole @ Garden Up Green

Katmom said...

hey sweet pea,,, I luv your 2 'kitty' stones outside the Hen's house... super cute!
Hope Summer is treating you well and you are getting into all kinds of fun Junktiquing!
hugz
2piap

Carrie said...

Love your coop!! I want to have chickens some day.

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

New reader here! I enjoyed browsing over your delightful blog! My grandmother had chickens when I was young. Looking forward to when my husband and I retire to his old home place/farm and I can have a few of my own! :) ~Rhonda