Friday, July 3, 2015

Sweet Vintage Dinette Set

 Recently, I found this sweet, hand~painted  dinette set at my favorite antique shop called

I called daughter Heidi and she wanted the one I had,
so she called my other daughter Shelli and she wanted hers!
It sure was a busy day moving furniture from house to house … much of the furniture made a full circle again, keeping it all in the family.

This set is quite solid, and only needed some gentle scrubbing.

It's quaint and fits perfect in
The Beehive Cottage.
My silver Lazy Susan fits better on this smaller table.
It came with 4 chairs but I can easily add more when needed.
In the dining room we still have a large set for family gatherings.
Since I took the first pictures
I have added gingham chair pads in a linen & beige color.
The chair pads pick up the color in the family room couches.

I am so thrilled with my "new" vintage find!
Some things get better with age,
and this little set sure has!

8 comments:

Connie said...

That set looks so perfect in your cottage that I would have thought it was custom made for you. It is so pretty and I really like the cushions you added. I also love that each of you moved your furniture down the chain of family . . . that wonderful:)

Terra said...

This table is darling. I would adopt it in a minute. You will enjoy seeing it every day and using it and what a nice sharing of tables in your family.

Barbara said...

So cute. I can't believe you were so lucky, Makes me want to go out and see what I'm missing.

Junkchiccottage said...

The table is so perfect for your cottage Maryjane. Love it. Glad you and your daughter and grand daughter could do the switch a roo.
Happy 4th.
Kris

Debbie M said...

I love it! And it looks perfect where you put it!

Stacey said...

Maryjane, I love the painting on your new set. It was just meant to be!!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a perfect set! Isn't it always so great when things work out {the daughter's wanting the other sets!} I know you will have many happy meals and days at your new table, Maryjane.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a perfect set! Isn't it always so great when things work out {the daughter's wanting the other sets!} I know you will have many happy meals and days at your new table, Maryjane.