Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Quick Baby Gift For Someone in Need

Yesterday my churches women's club Relief Society President 
put a shout~out that a new Mommy was in need of baby supplies.

Anything that one could give would be greatly appreciated. 
In the early afternoon I started to crochet a small baby quilt 
and just before heading to bed, I had it done.

Just a basic straight single crochet stitch and 
finished it with a ruffle edge.
That is actually all I know how to do!
As soon as I got up this morning I made 4 burp clothes.
Made from new cotton diapers and flannel
These are so fast and fun to make!
I had all the supplies already in my stash!
I love when things come together. 

In a couple days my President Sally will take
all the gathered "gifts of love" to this new Mother. 
A sweet thought for the day … 

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Oh,Maryjane~That was just the sweetest thing to do. God bless you and I know that new mom will be thanking her lucky stars to be gifted with such wonderful presents. xo Diana

Terra said...

What a great group of gals at your church. You sure quickly made some great gifts for the new mom.

Barbara said...

I love knitting baby blankets. I need to find a new church or charity group to join. I've gotten out of the habit over the years but reading your post I grinned ear to ear thinking about the blankets I had knitted over the years. Good job.

BumbleBeeLane said...

She will so appreciate that you took the time to make something special. What a blessing from you sweet ladies!♥ Amy

Debby said...

Our church is doing something similar. If it ever gets warm I hope to join them. I really want to make some blankets. I have very little experience. Yours is nice. My DIL used to make lots of those diaper burp towels. They are such a sweet useful gift.

Karen L. Bates said...

They will be so appreciated! I love that soft yarn you used for the baby blanket. Nice color.

Donna Erickson said...

Maryjane, this is such a sweet and kind thing to do. I know the mother will appreciate such lovely things. God bless you. xoxoxo Donna