Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Perfect Day to Make LAUNDRY SOAP!

 It is such a perfect day to make a batch of
February has bought some pretty weather here in California.
 I decided to make the laundry soap outside this time instead of
getting the "dust" all over my kitchen island.
 I have been adding 1 large bottle of laundry crystals to the mixture.
The laundry soap smells good without the crystals
 but I wanted to add a lavender scent. 
You can use essential oils too.
I twitch off & on adding it.
 My recipe makes a huge batch and will last a long time.
I have been making it for 7 years now and will make it for years to come!
Make a batch! 
xox

7 comments:

Karen L. Bates said...

It's great that you could make it outside. It was always a mess for me too. Ha!

Junkchiccottage said...

This is so great. I love the idea of adding the Pyrex crystals. I use those all the time and they do make everything smell pretty of lavender for a long time.
Enjoy being able to be outside. Soooo jealous. We have so much snow I cannot even get out to my back yard. Ohhhh how I dream of Spring and Summer.
Have a great week.
Kris

D'Anna McGarraugh said...

How much of the bottle of Purex Crystals do you use per batch of laundry soap? I assume there is only a one size bottle.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

D'Anna, I use 1 LARGE bottle of laundry crystals to the recipe. It makes a wonderfully large batch!

Thanks for asking!
Maryjane

Katmom said...

Oh Sweet~pea... I luv the tip to use Pyrex crystals.. I never heard of it.. so now I have a to get some...
and since we are having nice weather (well until this weekend-rain is due in) I may have to make some,,, out in the garage...
hugz
2piap

Katmom said...

Well faschnizzles... we only have 2 markets up here in the mountains and neither carry the Pyrex Crystals... so I will have to make a trip down the mountains and into town at the larger Chain Markets to find it... which will also give me an excuse to do a little Junktiquing too! lol!
hugz
2piap

Aura Main said...

Good Morning Mary Jane....I used to make my own laundry detergent after I started using a high efficiency machine. Is it safe to use it. I do use borax as the box states it is ok to use it. I would love to hear from you. Aura aka dulceknits in Instagram.