Monday, February 16, 2015

"Egging" Each Other On

 As usual each day, I hear the loud 
"egging" each other on going on in our coop!
This is when a hen alerts and excites other hens to lay.
And as always, the dogs & I run outside to see and hear the excitement!
I grabbed my camera this time.
 They take turns but this time it was 
Nellie "egging on" Myrtle & Daisy!
 Right after this picture was taken, Nellie jumped on the small perch.
A few seconds later, as I was bending over taking close shots,
I feel Nellie pecking at my bottom!
I laughed as she continued to peck me a couple more times! Silly girl.

The life of a farmgirl at heart.
I love my little flock …

8 comments:

Debby said...

Cute. Wish I could have chickens.

Barbara said...

So neat to live your chicken owner life through you!

NanaDiana said...

I love how the chickens egg each other on. How cute is that! I loved having chickens when I was growing up...but did not like the one nasty rooster we had. xo Diana

Amy Jo said...

I love chickens.... we don't have any at present but I hope to get them again. Yours are so cute.

Blessings,
Amy jo

Karen L. Bates said...

They sure are a lot of fun to watch. Mine do the same thing. Guess that's where that word came from.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

They are Egg-Straw special! Sorry...had to.

I sure wish I had some chickies! Yours are just plain cute.

xx

PS: Did you do all of your blog makeover? I am looking for someone to do some work for me.

Donna Erickson said...

How funny!

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

Oh, I am so ready to hear that sound again! Your girls are beautiful, Maryjane!