Sunday, December 7, 2014

Relief Society Women's Christmas Dinner!

Each year our church women's organization called 
the Relief Society has it's annual Christmas party.
This year I hosted a table for 8 out of 60 sisters.

This is my table. 
The center piece is the bleached trees I did about 3 years ago.
They are timeless.  
Our theme was 
"The Ten Virgins"

At each place setting throughout the hall these sweet oil lamps were placed.
The oil lamps were made in Egypt.    

"In our lives the oil of preparedness is accumulated 
drop by drop in righteous living".
~ Spencer W. Kimball
Above is the front of centerpiece.
One of my favorite trees I made is this tiny one
that fits in a salt shaker!
You can learn how to bleach these Christmas trees …  
Above is the back of centerpiece.

I love how the silver water pitcher beaded up like frost!
It was a beautiful evening spent celebrating the birth of
and fellowshipping with the adorable sisters of my church!

Wishing You a Wonderful Holiday Season!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
XOX

10 comments:

janice15 said...

Lovely table setting and the little trees are sweet. Have a great new week with love Janice

Diana Pike said...

How lovely. I want to be in your ward!

Junkchiccottage said...

Really pretty table setting Mary Jane. Love your little bottle brush trees.
Kris

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Pretty table setting & center piece.
My church at a Christmas Lunch on Saturday. It was nice to have a little "time for us" during these busy days and sing the old carols.
Jesus is the Reason for the Season.
warmly,
deb

June said...

I love how your RS does their dinners Maryjane! We do ours with the long tables which limits visiting with each other a little. Your table looks so lovely and festive. I bet it was a great night!
I loved your previous post and your tables going on forever. That's how it was here too :)) We had all 23 home this year and it was amazing.
We are so blessed, aren't we?
much love to you...

angie said...

danke für die tollen bilder, eine schöne woche wünscht angie

Shirley Hatfield said...

Such lovely table settings...ours were disposable...lol! We usually decorate the tables more formally for the RS Birthday Dinner in March.
You did a beautiful job.

Bonnie said...

Hi Maryjane. Beautiful table setting. I bleached bottle brush trees last year using your tutorial. Do you have a source for the lamps? They are wonderful. I 'd love to use them for our RS.

*Shelli* said...

Beautiful! You sure think of everything and spoiled those sisters with your giving heart. :)

Art and Sand said...

Those dishes are gorgeous and so are the little bottles with trees.