Friday, September 19, 2014

First Time Crocheting Baby Blankets!

This is my very first time crocheting  
baby blankets!

I have crocheted dishcloths for years and
my sister Linda & friend Bonnie said I could use the same
pattern for a baby blanket! 
I bought a BIG crochet hook and some soft baby yarn and went to town!
I am addicted!
I made 2 in 2 days just in a few hours.
They are a great size for a lap quilt too,
so I have only just begun!
It's so fun when you try something new!
These already have names on them and more blankets/names to go!

Have a great day creating!
XOX

8 comments:

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

I do wish I could crochet! I am all thumbs and my poor grandmother that tried her best to teach me, many, many moons ago, gave up! I just crochet way too loose! You baby blankets are delightful and cozy! Babies will love these!
♥ Jil

NanaDiana said...

WOW-That is really QUICK work. I have never learned to crochet or knit. I really should give it a try because I love the finished works I see. Your blankets are just darling- xo Diana

angie said...

wow, die farben der wolle sind sehr schön!!! alles liebe von angie

Peg said...

Maryjane your blankets are delightful and look soooo snuggly. If you saw my first creation you'd still be laughing years later lol. To you and the other ladies if you're really wanting to progress use youtube, it's fantastic for tutorials and the ladies who give their time to making the videos are very patient. The beauty of it is you can pause and rewind, I found them really helpful. I learn easier if I see what people are trying to teach me. Carry on with your blankets they're great.

Peg x

Kristina said...

They look great. Yes, there are many patterns for baby blankets. I made one for one of my brothers. They are fun to make too.

Kris said...

Baby blankets are fun. They work up fast, and are a practical size.
Happy crocheting!
xo Kris

Karen L. Bates said...

How fun is that? Cute and I bet they make up real fast.

Karie's Chic Creations said...

Beautiful Baby blankets. If you can crochet you can crochet anything. Really you can. Your blankets are just a larger version of your washcloths. LOL! I love love crocheting. It settles my nerves. Thanks so much for sharing your baby blankets. Hugs to you, Karie