Saturday, September 13, 2014

Easy Tube Pillowcase!

I have been wanting to make these 
Tube Pillowcases 
for some time now, and finally did it!

For years at Christmas I sew pillowcases for my grandchildren.
This year I have 14 to sew for!

I have always made the regular pillowcases 
but this year I wanted to add layers!

You will have to look at the video tutorial 
here
to see the miracle that happens when creating them!
You roll up the fabric a certain way, 
sew across the top, unfold the tube and there you have it! 
To finish it off you sew up the sides!
I love making them! 1 done, 13 to go!
My craftroom is buzzing!

Have a wonderful day now!

5 comments:

Kris said...

I have seen this method and am eager to try it too. I have done them the old way too!!
XO Kris

Junkchiccottage said...

Very sweet Mary Jane. Have a great Sunday.
Kris

Mrs. Winter Twig said...

So pretty!

Your grandchildren will love them.

Katmom said...

ahh, great minds think alike! I have fabric sitting along side my sewing machine, waiting to be stitched up into a pillow case for my little Soleil... of all things, she choose "Goofy"... luckily I found some Disney print fabric, with Goofy on it... now to down load a 'Goofy' embroidery pattern so I can machine stitch 'Goofy' on the top band off the pillow case... we do have fun with our grandkiddos, don't we! :>)
2piap

Oliva Ohlson said...

Love it!!! I have been wanting to make these type of pillowcases.