Monday, July 21, 2014

Gathering Eggs!

Daisy is always there to greet and welcome me in!
I love gathering the eggs each morning
or sometimes early afternoon.
Myrtle diffidently laid her egg here. 
She is the only one who leaves her "calling card" (feather)!
She is the mother of all the hens.
Sometimes a bit toooo bossy!!!
With 5 newly laying hens,
the eggs add up mighty fast!
Their eggs vary in size since they just started laying 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Strong shells and bright yellow/orange yolks!
Lots of grass!
Beautiful Kate below.

Emily & Nellie were camera shy today.
So sweet and how grateful I am for my girls.
There is Sunshine in my soul today!

10 comments:

Ruth Anne said...

This is AWESOME!!

Karen L. Bates said...

Wow, your girls look so good and they are doing a wonderful job. I just got two eggs this week from Annie Oakley. The others are a little behind but I should soon see more eggs. Funny how the minute the last rooster left...I got an egg. They seem much happier without the boys around. It sure is a lot quieter. HeeHee

Kris said...

It is so exciting when those eggs start coming, isn't it!! They all look so pretty and healthy!! Happy baking!!
xo Kris
PS LOVED the sheets in previous post!!!!

vivian said...

Hi MaryJane! Doing a little blog hopping this morning and stumbled upon your cute blog! love your chickens. we have some neighbors nearby, whose "girls" visit our yard regularly. I love to see them out there. I will surely be back as Im marking your blog so I can find it again!
have a great tuesday!
xoxo
vivian

Junkchiccottage said...

Maryjane,
Your girls are doing a good job with supplying your with fresh eggs. The are just too sweet.
Kris

Mimi Sue said...

They are so beautiful! And look at all those eggs! Quiche for dinner? Mimi

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

Ah Mary Jane... Your little gals are all grown up..

I bet you are all enjoying those eggs .. There's nothing like farm fresh eggs over what you get at the store no comparison at all ..

Sending you Hugs and Blessings
Sara

harriette said...

Wow! What fun! your pictures are so wonderful! I love living through your chicken stories and photos!

Jann Olson said...

Your girls are just sweet and looks like they are giving you lots of yummy eggs!
hugs,
Jann

corners of my life said...

I LOVE your egg gathering basket.