Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Little Chicken Run!

The little chicken run is done!
Hubby did a great job on it.
They really do run in it too!
They start from the inside of the coop 
and come flying~running out.
A hoot to watch!

I could sit all day watching them and 
yes, that is a chicken swing!

We used a cleaned construction sand 
for both the run & coop.
We bought it at a local sand and rock business
and had it delivered.

Sooo easy to clean up the poop and 
keeps their feet clean and nails trimmed.  
We made this so predator proof
a lizard can't even get in the run or inside
 the fenced part of the coop!
Sealed tight like a jar.
All is safe day and night for them.

Myrtle, Daisy, Emily, Nellie & Kate 
are now 4 months old.
We have a little while yet for egg laying.

We will patiently wait for fresh eggs!

12 comments:

Custom Comforts said...

Well done. Your run and coop look about the same size as mine, but yet as they have matured, it now seems too small and I only have 3 chickens. I let mine free range the yard whenever I am home, which they love.
Cindy

Carla said...

How nice! That is really cool looking. Can't wait to see a picture of them on
the swing

June said...

This is such a great coop and run Maryjane! My husband has been going to build me one but is sure dragging his feet. I finally gave my hens to the neighbors :))))
I hope all is well with you sweetie.
sending hugs your way...

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH- That "little chicken run" is magazine worthy! It looks really great! What a wonderful job hubby did on that project! xo Diana

Katmom said...

Awesome! I wish I had hens,,, but up here in the mountains,,, I would worry nite and day for them... I love your coop....

Kris said...

Oh my gosh Maryjane, that turned out so darn cute!!!! Those are going to be some happy hens!!!
Trying to catch up tonight. Been SO busy!
xo Kris

Seawashed Kerrie said...

Cutest coop ever!!! Your hens look very happy which means you will have healthy eggs! Enjoy your sweeties. xxo

Junkchiccottage said...

Ahhhhh Maryjane how cute it this. The girls look like they love their new home. Too cute. I want to have chickens so much. Our town does not allow this but someday maybe. Your hubby did a wonderful job.
Kris

Shirley Hatfield said...

I just knew you were going to have the coolest coop when I saw all those pins on Pinterest...lol! My husband is starting to get ansty about getting chickens...knowing him he will be on Pinterest for ideas in a New York minute!

Karen L. Bates said...

It's so adorable...they are happy girls! Hubby must be proud. I know you are having a great time watching them.

KnitCrochetQuilt said...

Awesome chicken run. You can also put down fine sawdust & every day scatter a little scratch feed, the cracked corn & other stuff they love. They will scratch all through sawdust then, mixing it with poop, which sawdust will dehydrate some & very easy to clean & good compost.

Lisa of Fresh Eggs Daily said...

Adorable coop and run! Love it. You did a great job.