Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Spouting Wheatgrass For The Chickens!

I am so excited that I spouted some wheatgrass for my chickens!
I know this will be great especially for winter.

I searched Pinterest and found several ways.
 I took pictures through the 8~9 day progress.
From soaking overnight to harvest.
The wheat starts to spout very fast!
~
~
Look at all those little roots!
~
I tasted the wheatgrass and it is very refreshing!
I will be making a batch for us to juice with.
The chickens LOVE it!
This is one of their favorite treats …
wheatgrass, corn, dried mealworms & oats!
I have made several batches since I took these first pictures.


Have a Great Day
Thanks Bunches for Visiting!

7 comments:

Karen L. Bates said...

You are such a good chicken mama! I sprout Mung Beans for my girls..they love those too. I also give them those mealy worms and they just devour those! I love your photos...they are awesome...you are so good at photography!

Char said...

Oh yum! If I were a chicken I would be begging for an invite. Great photos, Char

Delirious said...

I used to sprout wheat grass for my cat. He loved it too!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I used to make sprouts...to eat! It's fun to see them grow, too. Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

Ang. said...

so...hate to ask a dumb question, and I have no chickens (not allowed here at the Jersey Shore suburbs) where do you get wheat to sprout? wheat seeds? would love to sprout some to juice!!!!! sounds healthy. thanks

meemsnyc said...

They must have loved this! I love growing wheatgrass! So easy!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Your chicks are a lucky bunch! Other than the worms, looks mighty delicious.

Thanks for the comments, MJ! It was so nice to hear from you.

hugs...