Saturday, May 10, 2014

Rooster Creek Quilt Show!

ROOSTER CREEK
is one of my all time favorite antique shops in my hometown!
On Saturday Vivian & Cricket hosted a wonderful quilt show
A STITCH IN TIME.

They invited a local group called …
"Divine Sewers of the Ya Ya Sisterhood"
to show us their beautiful quilts!
Oh what a treat it was!
This was pinned on one of the vintage quilts. So sweet.
Rooster Creek is on a lovely piece of property.
The house on the property is what we all call the "Gingerbread House" 
because of how adorable it is, inside and out with it's gingerbread carvings.
One of the oldest homes in (Old Town) Historical Murrieta, CA
Old, large trees in the front yard make a wonderful place to display these beautiful quilts.

I love how they were hung! Clotheslines everywhere!
When the winds kicked up, it was fun to see them flapping in the wind.
~
This house also has a carriage house!
Wow, how neat to have that way back when.
Pretty fancy!
The Ya Ya Sewers were there to talk and answer any questions we had. 
There was a group of about 20.
This sweet booth above is 
Deborah Lee's from Wildoberry Farms.
What a talented woman and it was so fun meeting her!
I have found a new friend!
Oh how I wish I got the names of these 2 ladies!
A Mother/Daughter team.
What a joy to talk to them!
Talent runs in the family!

~
Hey, there is Sharon from Pikin Chixs
She bought me lunch! Thanks Bunches Sharon! 
I just love vintage!
I want to copy this idea!
Vivian said she bought the clothesline 10 years ago,
either at Lowe's or Home Depot. I must find one!!!
And of course the wheelbarrow completes the look. Oh, my!
The carriage house is on the left and
the backyard is filled with lots of garden goodness!

At one point I found myself back there sitting on a white rocker pondering.
Just what this gal needed today.
I found a piece of heaven at Rooster Creek today!
Thank you so much for visiting and have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This was an enjoyable post to read a view! Lovely quilts! I quilt a little and my place is small...so if I want to post a picture of my quilt on my blog...I have to use my clothesline! :)

Love that one in the wheelbarrow! : )

Debbie M said...

How fun! I want to come nest year!

Junkchiccottage said...

HI Maryjane,
It looks like you had a great day. I can tell in your writing of this post how much you loved the day. The quilts are just gorgeous.
Have a great Mom's Day today.
Kris

Annette T. said...

That looked like a fun day, some beautiful quilts. I have one of those clothes lines and I purchased mine from JC Penney. I'm pretty sure they are still being made. I use it all the time.

meemsnyc said...

What gorgeous quilts~

Wildoberry Farm's said...

Maryjane! I was so blessed to have met you too today! It was a Highlight of the day, and visiting with you at lunch I felt like we were old friends! I believe our paths have crossed for a reason...Probably to Chat, sew and eat yummy treats...but still...I think those are great reasons!!!
xoxox Friend see you soon! Thank you so much for your post about my little company! That was so awesome of you to do!!! xoxox

Karen L. Bates said...

How fun! What a wonderful spot! I have one of those poles for laundry, guess I should use it instead of my laundry line.

Kris said...

Maryjane, were they in Old Town Temecula before? I feel like I have been there. I MUST go one day soon. Certainly looks right up my ally!
Loved this post!
xo Kris

Katmom said...

Oh how I luv Quilt shows... every year there is one in Reardon, WA... at the Buggy Barn,,, an old wheat farm ,,, where the 2 sisters converted the smaller barn into a sewing studio and quilt store... I loved going to their annual quilt show in Aug.... but alas, I now will have to find another location to get my Quilt fix... lol! Enjoy 'Rooster Creek...
Hugz
2piap

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Yes, Kris! Rooster Creek was in Temecula! So lucky to have them up the street from me now! xox

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a wonderful event to visit! The quilts are amazing and I love the way they are hung and displayed. I see some Raggedy Ann dolls, too...I would want to bring one of those home with me! Happy weekend! Hugs!