Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chicks First Day Out to Play!

**A blogger asked if I really had green grass already?
Yes, here in Southern California I have it year round!

Daisy, Myrtle & Kate are growing!
They had their first day outside to play, and loved it!
I used our dog play~pen we use for camping to keep them safe.
I took the top off and turned it upside down! Perfect. Safe from hawks & crows.
They have been out each day for 2-3 hrs. 

We have got to get the coop finished!
It will have a chicken run, so they will never fall into the pool.
These pictures were taken last week.
We now have added 2 more adorable chicks to the flock,
 Nellie & Emily.
They are all from the same brooder batch,
 so they know each other and doing perfectly well together.
More pictures soon of all FIVE!

Thank you for visiting!

8 comments:

Kris said...

What a brilliant portable pen for them! They look healthy and happy!
So sorry I couldn't meet up today. Life is pretty hectic right now.
Your yard is so pretty!!!
xo Kris

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, do you really have that green grass already? oh so lucky. Love your chicks, so darn cute, Blessings Francine.

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Maryjane, Your new little addition is adorable! hope there's no roosters in your new cute little group! That's always so disappointing! I always love baby chicks, they are so cute!
Hugs, Ann

Anu said...

Oh, how cute chicks and great idea!

Mimi Sue said...

They're so cute! And I need a doggy play pen for when we go camping! Where did you find yours? Mimi

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Mimi Sue…I think I got it on QVC or HSN. Try there first if not Google it! They are out there! ~Maryjane

Katmom said...

Oh My Word! you are so clever (using the porta dog kennel...
and joy o joy... we too hsve green grass, up here in Central CA.,,, and loving it!
hugz
2piap

Michelle said...

Hi I just love your chicks and great idea with the doggy play pen. I'm surprised you could have chickens. Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...