Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Quick Chick Update!

My little chicks are growing. 
Their age range is 6 weeks, 5 weeks and 1 is 3 weeks.


They are a (gold) Buff Orphington,
3 (red) Rhode Island Red,
and a (black) Barred Rocks.
Myrtle, Daisy, Nellie, Emily & Kate.
The first 4 names are neighborhood womens names while growing up that I remember fondly.
They love eating out of my hand and
they sure can pinch my skin!

See, they still have some of their baby feathers.

I love my girls, well I hope they are all girls!
Sweet Kate is a gentle soul!
She lets me hold her often. Love being a chicken mama!

Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Barb said...

I ran across your blog through my sister's blog, and I have to say it was a sweet surprise! I just love the comfortable, vintage feel of it, so many fun things to look at! I will certainly be following you on your blog and Pinterst!

Your chickens are just lovely!

Amber said...

Nothing quite like baby birds! Our next project is the coop so I can order chicks. Miss my old girls and can't wait to have some new babies clucking around. What breeds do you have?

Mimi Sue said...

Soooo fun Maryjane!They really are getting big. Mimi

Annie said...

Fun times with chickens . . . enjoy

Kathleen Grace said...

I love those breeds, Maryjane. They are some of the prettiest and sweetest and I almost always choose them as part of my flock. You are going to get so much enjoyment from them!

Katmom said...

Oh Maryjane,, you and Karen (kpaints) are kindred spirits!
What great 'chick mamas' you both are.
hugz
2piap

Karen L. Bates said...

They are so sweet. Mine are three weeks old and one is getting very fiesty....I think it's a boy from the big comb...ugh.