Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Just What This Girl Needed…Chicken Soup!

I have been under the weather the last few days with a cold. 
I was hoping I wouldn't get one this flu season, but I did!  
I got a text from my dear friend Bonnie late~morning today,
telling me she left something for me at the gate.
I opened the door…hum, what could it be?
The gate handle held a sweet package filled with L.O.V.E.
Ahhh, Bonnie's yummy homemade Chicken Soup!
It was still warm.
Look how cute she covered the jar!
She even remembered my favorite brand of oyster crackers!
Yes,
different brands taste different!
A girls gotta have her chocolate,
 and it did put a smile on my face!
Thank you for spoiling me Bonnie!
***
A sweet friend through & through.
xox

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

So cute. You do have a sweet friend. My mother always told me it takes being a good friend to have a good friend ;) Hope you feel better soon.

Karen L. Bates said...

How sweet is that? What a wonderful friend this Bonnie! Get well soon.

Shelia said...

Oh, that was so nice of her! And I'm sure that delicious looking soup did make you feel better. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

What a great friend! That soup looks delicious! Hope your feeling better!

Chris said...

What a nice friend!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home said...

What a wonderful friend! That soup looks so good. I love the silver tray and china you served it on...lovely!

It was nice to see you pop up on my blog! Come back soon.
Penny

Katmom said...

Oh Maryjane, I am so sorry you are under the weather,,, trust me if I lived close by I too would make you some soup,,, be grateful I don't cuz I am not that good a cook! lol!
But I am sending you hugz and warm wishes for a speedy recovery from your case of the sneezies.. hugz 2piap

bj said...

OOO, MJ...that was the SWEETEST thing for your friend to do for you. The soup looks amazing and I so love the way she brought it to you.
And, I love the beautiful way you served it to your little sick self. The dishes are stunning.
Feel better soon...wish I lived close..I'd make you a delicious pie.:) Pie, like Chicken Soup, has HEALING POWERS, ya know..!! :)
hugs, bj

Mimi Sue said...

Hope you're feeling better. Bonnie's an awesome friend! Mimi

Leanne said...

Get better soon - I'm a regular visitor and have been missing your posts.

What a special friend and she took such care putting together your package - definitely a friend in a million. Every spoonful of the soup filled with love and thoughtfulness. And perfect ending to the 'get better soon' meal by adding the M&M's.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...