Monday, November 18, 2013

Busy Getting Ready for Thanksgiving!

Busy week getting things ready for Thanksgiving & family!

Bet you are busy too!
What is your favorite item on your Thanksgiving dinner plate?

I love Mom's Succotash, stuffing, gravy and pumpkin pie!

Our family recipe for Succotash is here.
Do you make your own pies?

One of our favorite pies is Buttermilk Pie! Oh my!
My recipe is here, using my hens eggs!
Can't wait for my little pumpkin pies to get here! 
We have 13 Grandchildren.

Have a great week getting ready!

8 comments:

Bernideen said...

I have made Buttermilk Pie many times but never Succotash. What a fun posting you have done!

Alices Wonderland said...

I don't like Thanksgiving. Yes, I know-- Sacrilege, but it's true. But I think I may use this holiday as the excuse to make the buttermilk pie you've posted.

kerrie of sea cottage said...

you are so blessed to have so many grandbabies!!!! Yes I do bake my own pies and I make everything else homemade from scratch...even my stuffing is made from real french bread that I dice myself, toast, and prepare. Have a wonderful holiday!!!

Elizabeth said...

Love this post! I usually make everything,but over the years I decided that "Mrs.Smith" made pies as good as mine so I now have her Sweet Potato and Pumpkin pies,I make homemade Chocolate layer cake, my grandchildren's favorite.

Aunt Ruthie said...

Sending you warm Sugar Pie hugs Maryjane! Hope all is well with you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your beautiful family! I think I need to go make that Buttermilk Pie now! Looks so YUMMY! I know it is!! :D

Mimi Sue said...

All will be with us except for our California daughter. Hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family! Mimi

Karen L. Bates said...

Now that will be a full house...lots of laughter and good eats at your place!! Have a wonderful day.

Buttermilk pie....ooooohh, that sounds delish!

Katmom said...

Dear Maryjane,
hugz and may your home be filled with smiles, hugz, laughter, giggles, love and blessings.
>^..^<
2piap