Monday, August 12, 2013

Sewing for Christmas!

Sewing for Christmas!
This is the time of year that I start putting my gift ideas into action!
Started off this week making some Farmgirl dish towels!
Nothing fancy but so cute!

Made with torn edges. The more they get washed, 
the fluffier the edges become.
They wash up beautifully!
The sides are hemmed.
I still use the gathering technique I learned in the 7th grade.
I used a lot of 1940-50's reproduction fabrics.
They remind me so much of my sweet Grandmother's!
Gotta love those Bee's!
Hope my girls don't see this post or if they do,
they will forget until Christmas Day!
Back to the sewing room to make pincushions!
I will let you know how they turn out!

Have a wonderful day my friends!

20 comments:

Trisha said...

I love those towels...now I want one!!

~Trisha

Julie's jots said...

love these!!!!
Julie W.
Arlington, Tx.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Very cute! Love those bees! (I'm sure you can't imagine why!)

Kristina said...

I have started on Christmas items too. The towels look great.

VickiLynn said...

Love your blog and love these dish towels. So cute! Thank you for sharing.
Vicki from Oklahoma :)

Patty from Lemon Lane said...

These are beautiful. Do they hold up well after washing? What a wonderful gift!

Lea Eaton said...

Lovely! So just a dishtowel with two different types of material across the bottom? I am sort of new at sewing

PrepMom said...

Lovely! so these are just dishtowels with double fabric gathered across the bottom with raw edges?

Bernideen said...

These are darling!!!!

Createology said...

You are very smart to get a head-start on the holiday gifts. Love these towels. A person can never have too many towels. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

NanaDiana said...

Those are so cute. I have never left raw edges but I really like the way they look.

Karen L. Bates said...

Adorable! So vintage...love them. I can't believe I should be working on Christmas stuff.....ooooh.

Kathleen Grace said...

These are so adorable and such a great gift idea! Thank you for sharing, I better get sewing;>)

Oliva Ohlson said...

Adorable! What a great gift idea!

Katmom said...

Maryjane,,, it goes w/o saying... you are sew talented! hugz!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Very cute, Maryjane!

I've been here before but today I came via the Farmgirl connection! I just joined. ♥

June said...

I love these towels Maryjane! The fabrics are all so lovely and take me back in time.
Have a wonderful Sunday my friend.
hugs from here...

*Shelli* said...

Those are adorable! You are so talented :)

Angela said...

LOVE these! I plan to make some. Is the top ruffle attached to the bottom ruffle?

Thanks for sharing and inspiring!!!

blessings~~angela

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Angela,

Both ruffles are attached at the top. One ruffle is longer than the other.

Hope that is helpful!
Maryjane