Friday, August 23, 2013

End of Summer Luncheon

This past week I hosted a "End of Summer Luncheon"
for a fun group of women.
We call ourselves the "Lunch Bunch Sisters"!
At each place setting was a little Thank You card for coming!
~
Pretty sea shells and containers gathered by my daughter Heidi, were the centerpieces. Thanks Heidi!
This bookmark is the actual invitation that I mailed out.
All the info is on the back.
Our ship picture fit in perfect with the theme.
~
I used my "May Flower" Vernonware from the 1950's.
I provided Chicken Croissant Sandwiches and a dessert,
and all the guests brought different yummy salads.

A lovely day in deed!
We take turns going to each others homes each month.
I will host again in December! Can't wait!

Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

Bernideen said...

What a great "catch up time" too with friends! Lovely table setting!

Susie said...

Maryjane, Your lunch setting looks very inviting. I love the little cards. I have what I call Sister Day about 4 times a year. I have 4 sisters. But this year I have only had one....they seem to be busier...so I'll wait till Christmas for another.xoxo,Susie

Kris said...

It sounds divine! The table looks so pretty! We are so blessed to have the lady friends that we do....aren't we?
Hugs,
Kris

Jackie said...

Love it :-)

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Such cute invitations! Looks like a lovely afternoon.

NanaDiana said...

What a fun, fun luncheon. Everything looks lovely!!!!

Elizabeth said...

It does sound wonderful! Everything is so pretty!

Kittenboo said...

what a nice idea!!

Karen L. Bates said...

Such fun! It is that time of year but I hate admitting it! Our nights are cool and the days are now down in the low 80's. I hate to see it coming, wishing for a long fall.

Mimi Sue said...

Looks like lots of fun. Love those apothecary jars full of shells. Mimi

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh your home is so lovely and warm and bright. Just like you my dear.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful and your home is so beautifully decorated. I have a painting similar to yours of a big ship in my kitchen! I like in Florida and love decorating with nautical touches!