Friday, March 8, 2013

Cinnamon Toast!

When I was in high school during snack~break, the snack line sold hot CINNAMON TOAST for 10 cents a slice! 
My favorite snack in the whole world, honest.
I have craved that cinnamon toast over the years, yes several years. LOL! 
I tried many recipes but none matched the taste of the good old days.
Recently as I was collecting recipes on Pinterest I came across a cinnamon toast recipe from 
Debby @ A Feast For The Eyes. Sounded good so I thought I would give it a try! 
Jack Pot! The memories all flooded back!
 I went to work and took pictures as I went along.
You just mix all the ingredients together and spread it on the bread. Yum.
A few secret ingredients, the big one is vanilla.
Don't forget the vanilla! That makes it.
Mouthwatering goodness!
I couldn't resist a nibble, okay a big bite!
A closer look...ahhh, heaven!
Now for the recipe!

Cinnamon Toast ~ by Debby @ A Feast For The Eyes

Ingredients

8slices Bread (whole Wheat Is Great!)
1stick Salted Butter, Softened
½cup Sugar (more To Taste)
teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1teaspoon Vanilla Extract (more To Taste)
¼teaspoons Ground Nutmeg (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Smash softened butter with a fork. Dump in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, if using. Stir to completely combine.
Spread on slices of bread, completely covering the surface all the way to the edges.
Place toast on a cookie sheet. Place cookies sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbling. Watch so it won’t burn!
***I don't put it under the broiler and it works perfect. ~Mj
Remove from oven and cut slices into halves diagonally.
***In some batches I have added a little BROWN SUGAR to the recipe. Either way, yummy! ~Mj XOX

22 comments:

Connie said...

I am drooling on my keyboard.
How's an old gal suppose to loose weight with photos like tha, LOL.
YUM!!!

Bed, breakfast en quilts said...

nice for lunch aswell, two more hours to wait.....

Diana Pike said...

These are in the oven right now! My husband makes a similiar treat but all the ingredients are put on the bread separately. This seems much easier.....

Leslie said...

My gosh. I LOVE cinnamon toast! It warms my heart as it reminds me of my childhood, but also it just tastes amazing! I have to try this recipe out... and vanilla .. who knew??!
Blessings,
Leslie

Primitive Stars said...

Oh yum yum....my favorite also, my Mom had made a mixture of cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle on our toast,so so good but will try your recipe, thanks Francine.

NanaDiana said...

Darn it- Why didn't I read this blog an hour earlier? I just made cinnamon toast for one of my granddaughters and it was not nearly so GOOD looking (or tasting, I'm sure).
I am saving this recipe for next time I have them here. xo Diana

Anne Fannie said...

Oh this looks so GOOD Maryjane!!

Mary Ann said...

I have never made it this way, and I'll try it for breakfast tomorrow for my husband and me.

Annie said...

That sounds and looks scrumptious. What a great idea for the school canteen! I remember having cinnamon toast for supper sometimes when I was young...for a treat. Haven't thought about it in years.

Vintage Street Designs said...

Wow...this looks so yummy right now! I'm dieting at the moment but when the time comes to splurge, I'm definitely going to give this a try! Found you through Pinterest and I'm happy to be your newest follower! Would love to have you stop by for a visit! Blessings ~ Judy

Mimi Sue said...

You've made me hungry! It is total comfort food for me. Something my grandma made when we'd go visit. Mimi

Ali said...

I love cinnamon toast! This recipe sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing Maryjane.

Ali x

Madison D'Amario said...

YUM! Making that tomorrow!!
http://foreverroomies.blogspot.com

Angie Berry said...

Oh yes, we make this too! I grew up on it, my sister and I used to make it all the time. Then I forgot all about it until one lazy Saturday I remembered it and made it for the kids. Well of course they were instantly hooked and now beg me for it all the time, hehe. It's our special Saturday treat now. Only I've never used vanilla. Sounds delicious so I will definitely have to add that the next time I make it!

Karen said...

Oh my goodness! My husband loves cinnamon toast, but mine are not anything like these! He is going to give me a big kiss when I make these for him! Thank you for sharing! xx

Linda said...

I "love" Cinnamon toast.
Must try this recipe!
Thanks!

craftyles said...

That looks so yummy. I would never have thought of mixing all the stuff with the butter. I can't wait to try this!

Sea Angels said...

So scrumptious, I just cannot wait till the weekend to avail myself of this gorgeous treat thank you xxxx
Hugs Lynn xxx

Katie said...

That looks wonderful! I'll try it soon! THanks!

Junkchiccottage said...

Ohhhhh Yum going to try this today. It is cold and snowy morning here and I think this will be the perfect treat.
Thanks for the yummy recipe.
Happy Sunday
Kris

GerryART said...

Maryjane, Hubby and I had Cinnamon Toast for a 2:30 a.m. Snack this morning. However, that was before your great post.
So up I jump to fix a batch of this new dee-lish sounding/looking treat for tomorrow's early morning munchie treat.
Can't wait
Hugs
Gerry

Marquisha Smith said...

Loved this but I used pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon and honey instead of vanilla, and it turned out great!!