Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect and count ones blessings.
Each year when our family gathers (and it grows each year!),
my heart is full of emotions remembering those who have passed on and those who are here.
Family and friends are so precious!

Each Sunday when I am at church, I open up the hymn book and read the words of
one of my favorite hymns "For the Beauty of the Earth". 
It just rings true to all that I feel.

For The Beauty Of The Earth Hymn


For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.

For the beauty of each hour
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower,
Sun and moon and stars of light,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.

For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth, and friends above,
Pleasures pure and undefiled,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.

For each perfect gift of thine,
To our race so freely given,
Graces human and divine,
Flowers of earth and buds of heaven,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise...


With a full heart, I am wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!
Remember to count your many blessings and name them one by one!
xox

13 comments:

diaryofathriftstoregirl.blogspot.com said...

Amen!

Helene

Karen Bates said...

Have a blessed holiday!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Beautiful. Everything, the table, the hymn and your wishes for us. What a blessing to have so many loved ones you need an extra table! I would love to have that here in our house!! Happy Thanksgiving!

craftyles said...

I will count my blessings! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving-the table looks gorgeous!

Primitive Stars said...

Beautiful warm post......Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving from Winnipeg, Canada......Hugs Francine.

Lorrie Orr said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Red Couch Recipes said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I love the hymn "Count Your Many Blessings." There usually is something good even amid all the trials. Joni

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

Mary Jane...I feel such a kindred spirit with you. We too have a large family and use several tables but I have never laid them end to end like that. And I love that hymn. We sang it in our ward last week. Wishing you a wonderful thanksgiving and I know it will be!!!

Hugs,

Nann

NanaDiana said...

I remember that song from our church when I was a little girl. I haven't heard it in years. Your table is beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. xo Diana

Shelia said...

Just a lovely post and I wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

GardenofDaisies said...

I love the big table, stretched through two rooms to make space for everyone to be together! Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Kris said...

Hi Maryjane. Your table looks very much like ours usually does! One connected to another....like a long train! But this year, it is only my immediate family...just 11. Small for us. I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow. I am thankful for so many things. I am thankful for dear blogging friends too, such as yourself.
xo Kris

Enchanted Moments said...

This was the song that we chose for our wedding, it was sung during the signing of our marriage certificates and it still makes me tingle, it is so beautiful and the words are too...thanks for reminding me, I just went in and had a listen on youtube..
Suzanne