Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Getting Ready for Market!

I am getting ready for The Vintage Marketplace!
Yesterday I made lots of pink glittered clothespins.
Today I will make silver ones.
I love all that glitter!
I tea dyed and hand-stamped the tags.
I am so excited about "aging" wood that I learned about on Pinterest using vinegar & steel wool!
It is amazing! 
These clothespins now look like they have been used on the clothesline for years.  
Writing on the table ... 
6 years ago we lost a precious young man Tyler, our sons best friend to a plane crash. He was like a son to us.
My heart still aches and I miss him dearly. 
A couple weeks ago as I was watching the new Marie (Osmond) show. A guest said they were sorry about the passing of her son. 
She said sweetly and tenderly, "It's okay...I know I will see him again someday".  
That pulled at my heartstrings. As I sat at my craft table with a full heart and tears in my eyes, I picked up a marker and wrote it down...on my table. 
It will forever remind me I will see Tyler again someday! 
I love when tender mercies come our way!
Come see us if you are near!
Have a wonderful day! xox

16 comments:

June said...

Such a wonderful thing to know that we will see those we've lost again. I love that you wrote her words on your table Maryjane.
How I wish I could go to the market too. It is on my bucket list. I smiled as soon as your blog came up and I saw all the glitter! I love those pink clothespins!!! Wishing you a wonderful, wonderful show.
Have a good night my lovely friend.
sending love~~~

Createology said...

Love the pink glitter. Such a comforting message to remember. Thank you. Blessings and Happy Vintage Marketplace Sales...

wendy said...

Those words are the ONLY thing that keeps me sane, after having lost my son 2 years ago this month.
I WILL SEE HIM AGAIN.

NanaDiana said...

I love your glittered clothespins and also your new "old" ones.
That is such a bittersweet quote, isn't it? We lost a precious granddaughter and I know that I will see her beautiful and strong in Heaven someday- xo Diana

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, And the pink glitter really is your color!
Yes, we are to comfort one another with the truth of eternal!
Heaven is not so far away:)
Blessings, Roxy

diaryofathriftstoregirl said...

You are so very talented. Your crafts are amazing! Good luck at the Marketplace. I know you'll be sold out in a flash!

Helene

lindag1947 said...

Such a wonderful thought. What would we do with these clothes
Ins?

A Vintage Chic said...

So beautiful, Maryjane...both your creations and the thought--isn't it such a blessing to know that?

Wishing you a beautiful day, dear friend...

Julie

Angie Berry said...

Oh girl, those are very pretty!

I'll be honest in saying that I have seen that pin about aging wood, but never actually checked it out. Your clothespins look very old indeed so I had to pin that pin and become your follower while I was there, hehe!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Sometimes it makes it harder when they are so young. But what a sweet sentiment and such a neat reminder that his absence is only temporary.

I wish you well at your show~

Angie Berry said...

Oh girl, those are very pretty!

I'll be honest in saying that I have seen that pin about aging wood, but never actually checked it out. Your clothespins look very old indeed so I had to pin that pin and become your follower while I was there, hehe!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Sometimes it makes it harder when they are so young. But what a sweet sentiment and such a neat reminder that his absence is only temporary.

I wish you well at your show~

Karen said...

Beautiful sentiments, Maryjane. Love your glittered clothespins and tags. Have fun at the market! xx

Dawn said...

have a wonderful time I love your goodies Dxx

Katmom said...


i luv them!!!!
2piap

Karie's Chic Creations said...

Oh, those beautiful tender mercies. How grateful I am for them. Thank you for sharing one that was sent to you. Hugs, Karie

Shirley said...

I thought it was something chocolate..I guess its one of them days. Love the Glitter :)

Shirley said...

I thought it was something chocolate..I guess its one of them days. Love the Glitter :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...