Friday, June 15, 2012

Girl Time!



I had a wonderful treat this week! 
Aunt Ruthie from Sugar Pie Farmhouse 
came by for a visit! How blessed I am that she did. She is sweet as sugar! 
We have been blogger friends for a few years and briefly met a couple years ago. 
She made a trip from her home in Branson, Missouri to California with her family to visit family & friends. 
You know how darling she is writing her blog? Well, she is what she preaches through n' through. 
Loving, happy, positive, sweet, cute as a button, full of life, sincere, a heart of gold, and loves her family & the Lord.
Ruthann~Aunt Ruthie
I had this welcome sign in the kitchen!
Us! Look how happy and bright her eyes are!
I love her to pieces!
We spent most of our time in the craft room chit~chatting!
We had chocolate cake with raspberry filling, Gelato ice cream and pink lemonade. 
  The pink lemonade was served in these darling stemware glasses made from canning jars and candle stick holders! 
I bought them from sweet friends Sara & Abbey from Sweet Magnolias Farm.
A few pictures of the craft room and about.
~
~
~
~
 ~
~
~
The dress form! Ruffles, pearls & diamonds!
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
And one more picture of sweet Ruthann! 
Thank you for blessing my home and hope to see you again at Christmastime. xox
One more thing ... Ruthann shared a Buttermilk Pie recipe I have made many times for my family!
Me, oh, my! I want a piece of pie! You can find the recipe here.
I use my hens fresh eggs!
Now as "Aunt Ruthie" would say "have a wonderful day Sugar~Pies!" 

10 comments:

Gretchen said...

What a fabulous craftroom! I just love it. I'm glad you had a nice visit and got to catch up.

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

Maryjane ..you girls had such a great time I can tell ..I can just imagine all the giggling and laughing that went on with you two ! I loved seeing your craft room ..I'm so envious .. it must be hard to drag yourself out of there.

Hugs and Blessings ..Sara

A Vintage Chic said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, Maryjane! What fun to get together! And oh, my! How fabulous your house looks!

Wishing you a beautiful weekend, my friend!

Julie

Ceekay-Thinkin of Home/Doublewide Decor said...

Oh what a fun time you must have had! That cake has my name all over it!
cute glasses too...and my, your craftroom is fantastic!!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Maryjane, so glad to hear you had a wonderful visit. Your craft room looks so neat and clean, mine looks like a bomb went off! LOL
Hope you have a wonderful weekend sweetie!
Hugs, Ann

wendy said...

It is so fun to have visitors stop by....I have made some wonderful friends through blogging, and then when I get to meet them it is HEAVEN for sure. We are always just so excited to see each other and "share ...stuff"
Wow, I want to try that pie.

What a fun tour of your craft room and the kitchen.

Aunt Ruthie said...

Hi darlin' Maryjane! We had such a happy chat-time in your beautiful home! You truly have the gift of hospitality...so warm and festive! You just blessed my heart to pieces with your kindness and thoughtfulness! It was such a fun time that I will always treasure!
hugs honey!
Ruth Ann

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Such a cute photo of the two of you! I loved seeing your beautiful home and amazing craft room!
xo, Andrea

craftyles said...

Wow-I love your craftroom. It looks like you and Ruthann had a super time. Your home is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

It's going to take me days to get over that craft room.