Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Berries and Wicker!

Getting ready for the good ole' summertime! 
Memorial Day helped kick me into gear. Having a houseful of loved ones this weekend for swimming and BBQ~ing, I wanted to start off getting the courtyard area done. During the winter the wicker is on the front porch, and for the summer it stays in the backyard. It is a nice outside gathering place for nursing Mommy's, chit chatting or a little snooze! Where the rockers are, we have a birds eye view of the kids in the pool. Our home is a ranch style, "horse shoe" shaped, 3,100 square feet, single story home. The courtyard area can be seen all around the house. It's perfect when you are keeping an eye on the kids!
I am a big time rocker! I have them everywhere.
My favorite thing to do when rocking is holding a grand~baby in my arms and watching my hens!
It's a family room outdoors. To the left I have a large table for dining that did not get in any of the pictures.
Yes, I do take time to smell the roses!
I planted a "small" berry bush that is now running wild!
I made this "bee" box several years ago. Hubby cut the wood & put it together, then I did the painting.
 Almost ready to eat!
Succulent plants for the coffee table.
Many years ago while we still had our sweet cats, I had a wonderful artist paint "Randy" & "Peaches" on rocks. Now that they are gone, the rocks even mean more to us.
Their eyes glow at night!
If I am not in my craft room, you will find me here...yes a little nap now and then is heavenly!
***Many have asked about the Outdoor Patio Sails. We bought ours in San Diego, CA but you can also find them online. Here is a good website of the same ones we bought. We love them and we have more sails over the pool and other areas of our yard.
~
Wishing you a wonderful day!

24 comments:

Ceekay-Thinkin of Home/Doublewide Decor said...

It looks wonderful and I think those kitty rocks are fabulous! Never seen those before...

Terra said...

Oh, I want me some kitty rocks; the artist is talented. Your home looks comfortable and also worthy of House Beautiful attention.

Brenda said...

How wonderful! I could jump right through the screen and into your back yard!

Gretchen said...

You have a wonderful patio and it looks really comfy and inviting.

Cozy Little House said...

What a beautiful room, Maryjane! Love the succulent dish too.
Brenda

NanaDiana said...

I love it,Maryjane, and aren't those kitty rocks the cutest? xo Diana

A Vintage Chic said...

Lovely, lovely, LOVELY, Maryjane! I love your patio! So cozy and welcoming...I think I'd spend the entire day out there & get nothing done at all!

Wishing you a wonderful evening, my friend...

Julie

C'est moi Claudette said...

Wow MJ, how cool is that? I LOVE your patio, but those rocks ROCK!!! And their eyes glow at night? Omg.
Wish I could have our Bobby painted, that would be soooo cool.
BTW I loved your sweet cherry pies. Yummy.
xoxoxo

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What a great outdoor room! I would spend all summer out there!
Love the yellow awnings!

Vintage Clutter said...

Looks like a wonferful place to rest, reflect and enjoy your family, very inviting! Have a wonderful summer.

Robin

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Great space for an afternoon nap.

corners of my life said...

All your personal touches complete the scene perfectly.

Carrie Duvall said...

OH rockin and holding babbies and in such a lovely porch. It looks to lovely with all your attention to the details.

With All That I Am
Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

I absolutley LOVE your outdoor family room. You have done a darling job of decorating it. And I bet your family just loves it too. I'd love to sit in your rocking chairs with you, chat and just enjoy the time. We have so much in common so I know I'd stay all afternoon. Wonderful!

Karen said...

That is a very inviting place! I have always loved courtyards, they are such a nice extension of the home. I can see myself sitting there in the rocking chair eating all those yummy looking raspberries! xx

Sleec Photos said...

So comfy and serene. I love those shades...they give off such a lovely soft light. OXO

craftyles said...

Your patio is so inviting-I can see why you like to spend time out there. Can I come join you for a cool glass of lemonade? We have downsized and I'm just starting to work on the patio and backyard. I hope it comes out as cozy as yours!

Linda Stubbs said...

You are always up to sweetness Missy Mary Jane!!!!!!! Your site is so adorable!

Hugs to your day from the farm,
Linda
P.S. I am up to my ears with hatching baby ducklings. They were suppose to be 2 1/2 dozen Araucana chicken eggs......ducks, chickens....what's the difference right?

wendy said...

I would Kill (well, maybe too strong of an adjective here)....but seriously, what a great porch. I could sit out there all day.
the soft yellows
the plants
and ROCKING CHAIRS...don't get me started on that, I LOVE THEM
bliss...is holding a baby and just rocking
kinda like that Dolly Parton song
"rock a bye, rock'in babies, rock of old, rock of ages"
(love that song)

June said...

Hmmmmm...do you think we could both nap out there Maryjane. I LOVE your beautiful courtyard!!!! You are blessed my sweet friend. Truly blessed.
much love from me...

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Your patio is so inviting. Love the bee box and the spot for watching the hens while rocking those babies.

Elyse said...

hello, my maryjane!

what a sweet spot! i love the yellow sails, they are wonderful.

i have been so busy making additional projects for the book. trying to do a little bloggy catch up tonight!

hope all is well and wonderful!

xo
elyse

Mimi Sue said...

Looks like a perfect place to relax and enjoy your wonderful weather. Mimi

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

What a beautiful porch. I love the sails and your furniture is gorgeous. What a nice place to spend the day with those you love.