Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thoughtfulness!

Don't you love it when you go to the mailbox and something special awaits you, especially if it's a surprise?
As always, my little heart does a pitter~patter! Sweet Darla J. sent me another darling gift, just because. xo
Why is it that a thoughtful gesture comes at the right time in ones life? A sweet something to brighten your day, especially if you are not having a great day? There are sweet angel friends around us here on earth and how grateful I am that one was thinking of me!
~
I have been a little saddened lately. In 2 1/2 months I have lost 2 brother~in~laws on my husbands side. Both sweethearts and favorites to us and our children. Both to young and suffered from cancer, different types. One was my husbands littlest brother and the other was his sisters husband. We will miss them awful but know they are now watching over us! Life here on earth goes so quickly. Thanking Heavenly Father and looking forward to the eternities and reunited with loved ones!
Darla knits beautifully and made me this sweet rose...I could even tie it in my hair! She also made 2 dish cloths. To pretty to ever use! Her packaging is soooo pretty!
Thank you so much Darla! I love them.
Now I must "pay it forward" and do a act of kindness too!
Hope you all have a wonderful day. Each day is precious! 

20 comments:

Ali said...

Your right Maryjane, it's the small, thoughtful acts that see us through rough times. That knitting is beautiful!

Ali x

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

How sweet she crochets beautifully!! The best gifts are unexpected!!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my goodness Maryjane those are so pretty!! What a precious gift ~

Carrie Duvall said...

Very sweet gifts, I like the idea of paying it forward.

Hugs to you and your family.


With All That I Am
Carrie The Handmade Homemaker

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet...our friends know just how to make us smile and feel cared for and loved. I'm sorry you are going through such a sad time. Sending you some sweet hugs, my friend!

Angie Berry said...

What a sweet gift! God has such a way with little blessings that mean so very much. So sorry to hear about your losses. Last Nov, I lost 3 aunt/uncles in two weeks. It's very, very hard especially when family is everything to you. But yes, you are right... praising Him and thanking Him for life eternal!!

Cyndi said...

So sorry for your loss!

NanaDiana said...

Maryjane- Isn't that just so cute! I think that something sweet like that is a symbol of those that have passed over...but left a memory in their wake. God bless you and your family as you adjust to the loss of those that were so precious to you. xo Diana

wendy said...

That is terribly sad. I can imagine you and your husbands heart has been "heavy"
Even with FAITH, it is a paiinful loss.
I lost my son 1 1/2 yrs ago and still cry for him every day. So YES, thank goodness for the eternities and we can all be together again. I miss his laugh.
It was very nice of your friend to make these lovely gifts for you. Love the color. And those kind of dishcloths are MY favorite.
Hopefully, the days ahead, will be brighter for you and your family.
Hugs.

Karen said...

Sweet gifts from a very sweet friend!

Very sorry for your loss.

Loss is so painful, but knowing they are still with us and looking out for us helps to ease the pain.xx

myletterstoemily said...

i'm so sorry, maryjane, for your terrible
recent losses. it makes me happy that
you have such a kind friend, though.

janet said...

So sorry to hear about your losses..
I will keep you in my thoughts..
On another note you did receive some wonderful gifts..
What a kind gesture by your friend..

grammycarolynn (flickr) said...

How lovely and caring your friend, Darla, is to make you such pretty gifts! You are both so thoughtful...It's so nice that you shared so we could see your pretties, too!
Blessings,
Carolynn..."Chenille Cottage"

grammycarolynn (flickr) said...

I'm sad to hear of your losses, Maryjane...and, I'm touched by your sweet friend, Darla's, lovely handmade gifts sent to cheer you. How very nice of you to post them so we could share in your blessing.
Warmly,
Carolynn..."Chenille Cottage"

Jody and Stan said...

Maryjane, what a wonderful present from your friend. Hope you will feel better in time.

Winds Of Tohi said...

Adorable, Think I am going to make some more wah cloths they are so pretty. Have a blessed week. Tink

craftyles said...

How pretty! WHat a thoughtful gift and your photos are wonderful!

Kris said...

What a thoughtful gift! I absolutely love handmade washcloths and use them for everything! You gave me one that I love!!!! I knit them too, and have recently begun to crochet some as well. I hope that we can find a way to get together soon!!!
Hugs,
Kris

Myrna said...

Maryjane
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment.
Isn't it lovely to have such a sweet friend to help you over the rough patches?
Myrna

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Hi Maryjane. I hope you are well and enjoying spring. This post is so pretty. Don't you think strawberries to be the cutest fruit?