Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Pretty Brooch Magnet!

I received a sweet gift in the mail from dear friend Darla J. We grew up in the same hometown and connected up recently through my darling sister-in-law Nancy! 
Darla makes the most beautiful magnets out of vintage jewelry & buttons. This piece is a brooch and the base of it is a button. It is large and so pretty!
Sweet flower embellishment on the box.
Such pretty packaging!
(I used the  "vintage photo" editing with the photos.)
Endearing note.
It's all in the details!
Look at that bling!
Thank you Darla! You made my day!

15 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How gorgeous! And what a sweet gift! I have a good friend by that name, too!

Createology said...

Lovely gift to receive. Very nice presentation. Happy creating...

Mimi Sue said...

What a darling idea! Just the thing to bling up your refrigerator. I have to agree packaging is everything. Mimi

June said...

that would have made my day too Maryjane! It's beautiful!!!! Darla must be a sweetheart!
hope you are having an awesome week.
hugs from me...

Kris said...

Just beautiful!!!

Julie Harward said...

What a good idea! It is just beautiful and so is her handwriting! ;)

*Shelli* said...

I love it :) It's so you!

Heidi said...

Pretty and thoughtful!!!! :)

Annie said...

What a beautiful gift - very special!

Kristina said...

What a great idea. It's so pretty too.

wendy said...

Oh wow....very pretty indeed. It is soooo fun to get surprises in the mail.

Micupoftea~ said...

WHat a nice surprise! Aren't unexpected gifts so nice? Happy Spring~

Katmom said...

Oh how lovely and so perfect for you....
I made some from vintage earrings to use on my trailer door to attach notes....
A lovely thing to do with orphaned earrings & other jewlery.
Hugz & Happy Friday.
>^..^<

A Quilter Awakens said...

Swoonable bling! I love the pretty pink packaging; how thoughtful. Karmen

June said...

Hi Maryjane,
Wasn't conference just the best!!! I taped it and have been watching it again this morning. It is always my favorite time of the year.
Thank you so much for your sweet note. I just love it when you come by.
We finally have a sunny day so I am off to do a little fertilizing in the garden.
Have a wonderful Easter week!!!
love to you from here...