Monday, March 7, 2011

Birthdays, Sconces & A Tea Party!

(click images to enlarge) 

I made some Birthday gift bags for some much needed girlfriend time this week! Birthday luncheons are the best! Added a embellished tinkered clip from Elyse~Cottage.
Remember the chandelier sconces I bought a couple months ago? Hubby hung them for me this weekend and I LOVE them above the buffet table! The woman I bought them from at Matilda's Mouse Barn Sale said they are from New York. They add a sweet glow when evening arrives. The cords do not bother me at all, it adds to the romance of the era they were used!
Now for some exciting news! Next week I will be attending another one of Kari's Tea Parties! The theme is St. Patrick's Day. I promise to take LOTS of pictures! Stay turned!
Now time to take a little break and have a sweet cup of herbal tea... and a little shout out to Leslie and her family and the sisters of daughter Shelli's Relief Society!  
Have a wonderful week sweet bloggers! xox

10 comments:

Elsie said...

Maryjane~ I love your bags you made. Those are oh so ca'ute.
You are so talented. I can't wait
to see the other pics. The tea looks really good.
I love your lamps and I wouldn't
worry about those cords either.
They are truly beautiful.

The Sewing Loft said...

Lovely bags you put together. Ahhh...those sconces...they being back sweet memories for me. When I was a child, my grandmother had a pair of those, one on either side of her dresser. She would turn them on when she combed her hair or put makeup on.

Barb

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Your lamps are so cute. I don't mind the cords either...but one of the blogs showed something like them with cord covers like the color of the walls. That was cute too!

Marilyn said...

Cute, cute bags. And the sconces are wonderful. I've seen brass cord covers, but I have a lamp with the cord hanging down and I've never bothered to find a cover for it. Better things to do than worry about little things that don't really matter. ♥♫

Tonia said...

You have the best blog!!! I can't wait to see what you post next!! Your pictures are always amazing too....they make me feel like i am enjoying a piece of your life!! Thank you for being such a wonderful blogger!!!

Karen said...

Love the bags, and I LOVE going to Mathilda's!!!! SHe is getting rather old though, I am afraid what would happen we lose her.
Those sconces are to die for. And cords don't bother me one whit if they are for something antique or vintage. You are right - that is just the way it was!
Hoping to find something similar in Round Top. Course my list just keeps getting longer and longer...

Have a great week! Karen

Elyse said...

hi maryjane!

how fun to see the little clips. i love the tiny nest with eggs! great idea.

the bags are so sweet! have a wonderful time at the tea party.

love,
elyse
xo

Alba Linea said...

love your bags very much! your very talented. best wishes and a creative week! di
;0)

A Vintage Chic said...

Love those birthday bags, Maryjane--they're just perfect! The sconces are so lovely...nothing like glowing crystal!

Hope your evening is wonderful...

Julie

Julie Harward said...

I loved the pretty bags and I just love, love the new lights..so romantic! ;D