Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mini Lemon Tea Muffins!


Today I am going to a sweet Valentine Tea Party at my friend Kari's home. I love her tea parties and have posted other tea parties I have attended. I promise to take lots of pictures!
Kari asked for me to make some Lemon Tea Muffins. They turned out so yummy, I just had to share the recipe!
~
Fresh from the oven!

Just ready to go in the oven.

Mini Lemon Tea Muffins
1 cup sifted all purpose flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup sugar

2 eggs, separated

3 tbsp. lemon juice

1 tsp. grated lemon peel

2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; blend well with creamed mixture. Add flour mixture alternately with lemon juice. (Do not over-mix.) Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold whites and lemon peel into batter. Fill small greased 2 inch muffin pans 2/3 full. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon over each muffin.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-13 minutes.

Makes about 18 muffins.

I will post pictures of the tea party very soon!

16 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

Mmmmm looks great!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

oh those look yummy! thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

The Tablescaper said...

Oh these look wonderful. I can't wait to bake them. I LOVE lemon muffins, but have yet to find the perfect recipe. So many of them are just too sweet. These look great.

What a nice idea. A Valentine's tea. Can't wait to see the photos.

- The Tablescaper

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would love to try these...they are lower in sugar than most recipes and I love the flavor of fresh lemon! Enjoy your day! ♥♥♥

Elsie said...

Oh my goodness Maryjane those look soooo good. My mouth is watering for one of those. I will try this.
I have two lemon trees and I freeze
the juice and use it in different
recipes so this will be perfect
for my lemon juice. Thanks so much
for sharing. Hope you enjoy your tea. I am looking forward to seeing the pics of it.By the way I
use ice trays to freeze my lemon juice so 2 ice cubes equal about
1/4 cup.

Cindy said...

Maryjane these do look yummy.
I so want to bake these. I will have to wait for the roads to clear.We recieved another 8 inches yesterday.We are out of eggs.The stores still didn't have them Monday when we rushed in for some more milk.Soooo we will have to wait to bake next week.
Have fun and looking forward to the pictures of the tea!!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

kpaints said...

Those look so good....and I haven't had any breakfast yet. I've got my coffee.....

Suzie said...

Hi Momma,

It's me, Suzie (from the old neighborhood!) Ha! I just stopped in this morning and I wanted to say hello and THANK YOU for inspiring me for 35 YEARS!! I love you so much, and am so thankful for my friendship with H.A.B....Thank you for just being you. You have made a difference in my life, and you will FOREVER have a place in my heart!!!


Suzie

P.S. Just dropped some white vinegar in my rinse cycle... (LOL!)

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Yumm Yumm for sure. I am so going to have to make these........

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Maryjane, These look delicious. I don't think I could stop at just one either!!! Have loads of fun at the tea party. OH, I'm looking forward to seeing the photos :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Mary said...

Hello, I have been visiting your blog for a while now and I've enjoyed every visit. I love your trailer, (I lived in one as a child) and the muffins look delicious. I plan on making some this weekend...BTW, my name is Mary Jane too....
www.visitswithmary.blogspot.com

Busy As Can Be said...

These look so good! I am going to try them this weekend. Thank you so much for sharing!

Elyse said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

these look wonderful, maryjane!

love,
elyse
xo

Shelli said...

YUMMY! thanks for sharing the recipe MOM ♥

Tiffani said...

i will have to make these! thanks! you are one lucky lady to be invited to that wonderful tea party! the menu looked amazing...i would eat one of everything! : ) xo

Heidi Davies said...

I made these for breakfast the very morning I saw your post. They were delicious. Although I did switch them up a little - I have to be in the right mood for cinnamon, so for the topping I made a glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice that I drizzled on right out of the oven. Yummy!