Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Dinner Party!

UPDATE!
Once again food with style has featured one of my dishes with some WONDERFUL cooks! I am tickled each time she does! She posts daily and the pictures and blogs are a treat in themselves!
~
Last night we had a dinner party with a group of friends. Hubby made the White Chili this time and was it good! He used less spices which made it more mild. As usual, the chili was a big hit! We had so much fun and laughed until we had tears running down our cheeks!
"Laughter is the best medicine"!
1 year ago I posted the While Chili recipe after camping in my little vintage trailer with hubby in the Arizona desert. I cooked it dutch~oven style. This time, on the stove. Either way, it is yummy! Make up a batch!
White Chicken Chili
Daughter Shelli's Recipe
~
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 med. yellow onion, chopped
3 teaspoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cans - 15 1/2 oz. Great Northern Beans, rinsed & drained
2 cans - 14 1/2 oz. chicken broth
FOR a MORE MILD chili, add 1/2 of the green chilies & spice ingredients.
(We did it with this batch and it was good and not to spicy!)
3 cans - 4 oz. chopped green chilies
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teapoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups (16 oz.) sour cream
1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream
*Topping - Fritoes & shredded cheese
***Stove
In a saucepan, saute chicken, onion & garlic powder in oil until cooked. Add beans, broth, chilies & seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat & stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Let stand for 10 minutes for sause to thicken. Serve immediatley.
***Crockpot
In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion & garlic powder in oil until cooked. Put chicken into a crockpot & add all other ingredredients EXCEPT sour cream and whipping cream. Heat then add sour cream & whipping cream. Turn on "warm" for hours.

19 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe!! I am SO making that as I am drooling!!
Christy

City Girl Country Heart said...

Oh my! Im so glad you posted this again! When you posted this last time, I wanted to make it and forgot to write it down... I looked and looked for it everywhere and never found it! Yippeee, you put it on here again tonight- Thank you so much! My family will love it!
Also, I love your playlist of songs, Im just sitting here listening to it :)
~Stephanie~

Connie said...

Oh ya, this is good stuff. My daughters make this all the time.

Mimi Sue said...

I love this recipe. Sounds delish. We are definitely having chili weather. Mimi

Busy As Can Be said...

Its been cold here so this will hit the spot! Thanks for sharing...your recipes always look so wonderful.
See you next post,
Debbie

Claudia said...

Isn't laughter the best thing? I love it when I am overtaken by laughter. It IS the best medicine.

xoxo
Claudia

Brenda @Cozy Little House said...

My word, this looks delicious!
Brenda

Rhondi said...

Hi Mary Jane
I've never had white chili but it looks really delicious!
Hugs, Rhondi

Tracy is ... Loving Pretty Things said...

hi! Just happened upon your blog - and i LOVE the first post I've read! I have made this chili so many times this fall/winter for football parties, day after Christmas, and to potlucks. SO GOOD.

can't wait to read more - happy Monday!

violetlady said...

One of my favorite recipes. I have never made it with whipping cream, just with the sour cream on top. But it is always a hit.

Susan S. said...

As Rachel Ray would say....YUMMM-OH!!! That sounds good. It's on my list to make next weekend.

Happy New Year from Houston!

Kleine-creative-Welt said...

hmmm that looks so good - it makes me hungry - thanks for the recipe - it´s a little bit hot - is´nt it? - your songs are wonderful -
greetings - Ruth

dobco said...

That looks so wonderful. I am going to have to try it soon. As cold as it has been lately, it certainly would hit the spot.

yummy suds said...

Chili, one of my favs! Your blog is SO adorable! I love the song that plays! XOXO

Elyse said...

yum yum!

what a fun and happy blog you have here. i just love to pop over!

love,
elyse
xo

My Casa Bella said...

Mmmmm! Thanks for the wonderful recipe can't wait to make it!

Prudy said...

What a beautiful blog! Leslie (my sister)just sent me the link and I've been browsing around. The chilli looks delicious, but I'd really like to come over and steal that bike of yours. And the vintage trailer too. What a beautiful life you are living!

Joy said...

Yum this looks delish, wish my dh would be up for trying new things. He is such a meat and potato kind of guy...

Dina said...

mmmmmm....that dish looks tasty! I'll have to give it a try!