Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Angels Among Us

Here is the decorated Mother's Tree I promised to show you!
I have been setting up this sweet Christmas tree in honor of my Mother Gloria & hubby's Mother LaVerne for a few years now. They both have passed away but are remembered fondly and greatly missed. The little ornaments hung remind me of their love for the Lord, love for family & friends and the special things they loved! They were loving, caring, giving, fun ladies!
Our Mother's were very good friends and I know they still are in heaven!

We know that we have angels among us and two of them are named Gloria and LaVerne.

Merry Christmas sweet angels! Gloria LOVED Tea Parties! We dressed up every time in sweet vintage hats, vintage jewelry and vintage gloves and ate to our hearts content. The laughter was sweet music to my ears and I now hold those memories close to my heart.

This little angel is from Paris, France!
She was given to me by my dear friend Anne C. of Texas!
She went to PARIS last year! Imagine! Oh, la la!

They were sweet as candy!
They were busy bee's in their community and church!

(same city and same church!)
They shined like diamonds!

They had many friends and warmed our hearts forever!

Memories of the family cabin in Big Bear, CA and playing in the snow!

They both loved roses but LaVerne loved orchids more!

LaVerne loved humming birds!

They both loved PINK! Now I know why I love pink!

Oh, how they were loved and now, greatly missed!

Merry Christmas to you & yours!

21 comments:

Christina Colwell said...

Beautiful photos. Nice and Christmasy cottagy. Great memorial for the folks too. Hope you have aMerry Christmas.

Kathi said...

Maryjane, It is so touching the way you lovingly remember you two moms. The beauty and thoughtfulness you put into remembering them is precious. Your photos are gorgeous. Have a wonderful Christmas. Kathi

KarenSue said...

A beautiful tree!
Happy Holidays to you!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Many Blessings at Christmas, from my mountain top to your home….Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

Happy@Home said...

I know that there are 2 moms smiling down from heaven right about now at the thoughtfulness of their daughter/daughter-in-law.
What a beautiful idea you had for this tree, Mary Jane.
My mother recently passed away and my father passed away 8 years ago. I feel their loss so much at Christmastime and have been trying to think of ways to keep them close. I think I have just found it.

Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

stefanie said...

What a beautiful tribute!!! your tree is gorgeous.

Connie said...

Oooohmygosh, sugar, you ALSO did a froufrou tree!!!! Squeeeeeeal! I did, too. If you haven't been over to see it, drop by to check it out. It's all white, pink and roses, too. I think you'll love it.
xoxo,
Connie

Brenda @Cozy Little House said...

How wonderful of you to honor them! Merry Christmas, Maryjane!
Brenda

Mimi Sue said...

That is such a great idea. Love the sweet memories of them. I don't know about you but I sure do miss my mom at this time of year. Your cute little tree is a great way to honor them. I tell my girls to make lots of memories with their kids because the years go by so fast! Mimi

cheryls fascinatingfinds said...

Gorgeous tree and ornaments, happy to have found your wonderful blog, Cheryl

Julie Harward said...

That is the sweetest thing with so much meaning..thats what Christmas is about! I hope someone remembers me like that one day! have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS..Come say hi :D

yummy suds said...

This is adorable!! Happy holidays!

Claudia said...

What a beautiful tribute to wonderful women! Merry Christmas, Maryjane!

xoxo
Claudia

Sandy said...

What a wonderful way to remember and honor the beloved women in your family! The Angel tree top is so beautiful and each and every ornament is drop dead gorgeous! Both of our Moms have passed too and we have many of their things around our home to remind us how loved they were and how much we miss them.

Teacup Lane (Sandy(

Elyse said...

hi maryjane,

this is such a special tribute to these two amazing women. what a happy way to remember them at the holidays.

you just inspire me so much! your love of family and tradition is heartwarming.

love to you at christmastime and always!

xo
elyse

❦TattingChic said...

That Angel tree is amazing! What a beautiful remembrance! I just love angels, anyway, but this is fabulous in a "new" way!

Anne Fannie said...

Maryjane,
Your Christmas tree this year honoring your sweet Mother and Mother-in-law is beautiful!

Merry Christmas to you and Don.
Love, Ann

Libby Buttons said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Mom. It's beautiful!
Wishing you a season of CoMfOrt & jOy!
LiBBy BuTTons

Cathy said...

Mary Jane, wishing you a Joyous and Wonderful Merry Christmas!

Cathy ♥

❦TattingChic said...

That is just lovely! What treasures you have hung on your tree! What a beautiful way to remember the Motherly love!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vioperdosas.net/][img]http://vioperdosas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]buy mobile software, [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]softwares to buy[/url]
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]microsoft software service[/url] 2009 software purchase Mac Poser 7 Cyberlink
software orders [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]buy software programs[/url] computer software discounts
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]web store software[/url] microsoft office software for sale
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]buy cheap softwares[/url] sales quote software
buy cheap software [url=http://sapresodas.net/]windows vista ultimate edition[/url][/b]