Friday, February 27, 2009

Buttermilk Pie! My Favorite!

Oh my goodness, did I make A PIE last night! I have made pies before but this is the BEST I have ever made! It melts in your mouth and goes right to your heart & soul, then down to your tummy!
My hubby loves me even more if that is even possible!
I found the recipe while visiting Ruthanne at Warm Pie, Happy Home! Oh, I love that girl Ruthann! The recipe I used is the second one she posted by a cutie pie Southern girl named India. Watch India's video Click HERE , then tie on your apron and whip yourself up a Buttermilk Pie!
I guarantee it will be one of the best pies you will ever make!
Make sure your first bite is when it is slightly warm...
~
Buttermilk Pie, Oh My!
~
"Pat in the Pan" Pie Crust
(you can also use a frozen pie crust)
2 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup oil
2 T milk
1 1/2 t salt
Mix together and "pat" into the pan and make a pretty edge. set aside.
~
Pie Filling
Mix together until frothy:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup melted butter - cool and drizzle in bowl
1 t vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
(no buttermilk? Make your own:
1 cup milk & 2 T cider vinegar. Stir, chill.-Martha Stewart)
2 T flour
4 eggs
Pour into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or by tapping the side of the pie pan and center barely moves.
Make sure you take your first bite when it is a bit warm! Oh, so good!

As Ruthanne wrote:
~
"This pie's so good it makes me mad at my mama."
~Glory Road

22 comments:

Helen said...

There is NO way I am not going to make this pie ~ this weekend!!

Lisa ~ A Cottage to Me said...

I saw it on her post too. I bet my dad would like this pie. I will have to copy down the recipe and make it for him. Thanks for taste testing it for us!
Lisa

Anne Fannie said...

Maryjane that pie looks so yummy!

Pink Slippers said...

Ya know..I have seen this recipe. I HAVE to try it. Yummy looking.
Wendy

Cynthia Holt Ziemian said...

Ooooh....this looks so good! I must try it. So glad I found your great blog! Please visit me at:

http://rustandsplinters.blogspot.com/

Thx, Cynthia

madrekarin said...

Oh, my! That looks delicious. I think a pie will be on the menu for tomorrow's dinner. :)
Hope you are doing well, Maryjane!

Cori G. said...

Hi Maryjane,
There's always something yummy cooking at the Beehive Cottage. Hey, I have a question for you? When are the sister's on the Fly having there round-up meeting type thing over in Oxnard? Ventura? One of those places?
I want to come check out all the cottage's on wheels!
I hope your having a lovely week!

xoxo Cori

Kathleen from Yesteryear Embroideries and Eggs In My Pocket said...

One of the best pies ever! Have a blessed weekend, blessings,Kathleen

violetlady said...

I am definitely going to make this pie for my husband. I know he will love it. Thank you!

REAL ME said...

yuuuum!

Andrea Singarella said...

oh my goodness...this looks delicious!! I'm adding it to my recipe book now!

Tara said...

I saw the same post. I want to make it now even more. Thank you for trying it first, now I have to make it.
By the way LOVE your blog.

Farmgirl Paints said...

That pie looks amazing!! I'm trying to do the no sugar thing, but that pie...just might make me cave:) Have a great weekend.

You have a gorgeous family. Love the picture at the bottom of your adorable blog.

Debbie's Garden said...

I LOVE Buttermilk Pie. It's truly a slice of heaven! The best part is the recipe I have shows for making 1 pie or 2 or 3. Making TWO makes the pies turn out better (texture, etc.) I don't have a problem with making two or eatting two.

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Buttermilk pie...I have never eaten a piece. Will definitely have to broaden my epicurean experiences.
Thanks for sharing...I do not blog surf much and would certainly have missed this delight.

Gramma said...

So I was checking out your blog. I saw your recipe for buttermilk pie. I have never heard of such a thing so I thought I would try it. Oh my goodness. It is the best pie I have ever tasted. My husband made a horrible face when I told him I was making a buttermilk pie, but when he tasted it he was smiling from ear to ear. He loves it. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. I will be checking out your other recipes too.
Thanks again,
Phyllis

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

YUMM-O!! I think I'm going to have to whip up one of these little delish pies... Thanks for the hot tip!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Chester County Cottage Girl said...

The pie recipe sounds awesome! I will have to try it soon!

Chester County Cottage Girl said...

This recipe sounds great! I will have to try it!

janice15 said...

Helo, good mornin, always wanted to make one of these pies, don't know why I haven't I guess I never got the recipe. This one looks great so I will be makin it soon..Thanks for sharing. I love your little trailer it's just to cute... I'm a new blogger @ spoonwither.blogspot.com...Have a great new week..Love Janice

Kathy said...

Well the secret is out. Folks from the deep south has had this pie as a staple for decades. It is also good in custard cups without the pie crust and carmelize the top for a wonderful dessert.
Enjoy, Kathy

rosaspicks said...

Thank you, Maryjane! This is getting made in my kitchen soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...