Monday, July 28, 2008

I just bought this cookbook at the grocery store and wanted to share it with you! It is written in the form of a 1950's cookbook, and YES it's darling!
(I paid $18 at the grocery store but you can find it for less if you click on the lettering below!)
Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food, by Jessica Seinfield (HarperCollins), lives up to its name by providing nutritious recipes that are yummy to the tummy. In this user-friendly cookbook, you will find traditional favorites like chicken nuggets, tacos, spaghetti, pancakes, and chocolate cake - all with a unique twist: pureed veggies. But before you wrinkle your nose at the thought of taking a sip of cauliflower juice, take comfort in knowing you can’t actually taste the veggies. See where the deception comes in? And the different purees add a little extra (unidentified) zip to the recipes making them delicious. I am excited to use this cookbook on my grandchildren and I know my sweet hubby won't mind either!

Daughters Shelli, Heidi, Tiffani & Stephanie, if you want this cookbook, let me know! XO

12 comments:

Diane of Crafty Passions said...

Hummm I am going to look this cook book up , sound like a keeper to me!
Diane

Liz said...

I hope you will do a little demo on one of the recipes.... Did you know that this is Jerry Seinfeld's wife?

I have picked it up a couple of times and still not purchased it.

The Vintage Housewife... said...

HELLO SWEET MARYJANE...I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFO ABOUT SISTERS ON THE FLY...SWEET JOYCE # 425 EMAILED ME AND HAS ANSWERED SO MANY QUESTIONS...SHE EVEN EMAILED ME PICTURES...YOU GALS ARE SO SWEET!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH...CAT

Tiffi said...

Hi Mom, It looks like a great cook book! I always love to find new books and try new recipes! I will have to look for that book!
I tried calling you today, I will try again tomorrow!
Love you, Tiff xo

ByLightOfMoon said...

Hello Mary Jane!

I was sent to your delightful blog because I am re-doing a 1963 Shasta 12' trailer I named "Daisy".
It was full of Coca-Cola Memorabelia when I purchased her, so I am removing it to make it more my style.

You have a super nice display of eye candy here. I adore the cupcakes and paperweights.

Heck, I love it all.(grins)

Your Bar-B-Que sauce can be brushed on with a sprig of rosemary. I have some growing and it is doing quite well. NOw, add that note to your cookbook, IT looks devine.

I just got an invitation to join the Magazine you featured also. I will ask for it for my birthday. I Might as well make something good come of it!
I will favorite you and check back in often.

My friends who inspired me to visit you are a group of Christian primative artists and we have a group blog " Glad Tidings Primatives and Folkart" and my blog is ByLightOfMoon.
Thanks for the smiles, You are most welcome to come visit us too.
Smiles, cyndi

GardenGoose said...

looks like a cute cookbook. hey there..wanted to stop in and wish you a good week too.

Dana said...

I have heard about this book, but I hadn't heard from anyone who had tried it. I am excited to check it out. Thanks for sharing, Dana

Pink Slippers said...

What a cutie that book is. Even the colors and wink make you want to buy it. I will have to get that one. Thanks for sharing it. Good find.

Beverly said...

I actually saw her interviewed a few times on various talk shows and she made a few of her recipes....I think you bought a really great book, MJ. I may have to add that to my library...if I EVER get some grandchildren!

Anne Fannie said...

The book's cover looks so inviting!

*Shelli* said...

Looks like a cute cookbook. I saw it in two kitchen's yesterday! :)

JuliaCotten said...

That cook book actually has some really great recipes in it. I purchased and my kids and us love them. I have done the rice balls, brownies, and a few others. Have fun!!!

Love: Julia