Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In the Kitchen with Maryjane

Seven Layer Cookies
1 cube butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup coconut
6 oz. chocolate chips
6 oz. butterscotch chips
1 cup diced pecans
1 can Eaglebrand sweetened milk
~
Melt butter in 9x13 pan, cover with crumbs, layer rest of ingredients.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Cut into bars while still warm.
~
Yummy is the only word to describe these cookies!

Foot note: My friend Joyce just served these cookies at our Sisters on the Fly trip (below). I asked if she wouldn't mind if I shared the recipe or if it was a family secret.
Here is her cute reply:
~

"This recipe is SO not a secret! In 1931 Borden offered homemakers $25.00 for their original recipes using Eaglebrand-they got 80,000 recipes, and this was probably one of them. I know I've been making them forever as did my Mom...enjoy! Joyce"

~

Make some for Memorial Day!

~

4 comments:

Pam said...

This is one of my sweet daughters favorite cookies!
I enjoy my visits at The Beehive Cottage so much...thank you for the joy.
Hugs,
Pam

PianoPlayer said...

Guess what I will be making today to surprise hubby when he gets home. Yep. Those cookies. Thanks for the recipe.
My daughter - Life on the Roost - introduced me to your blog, and I loved my visit with you. I'll be back.
Cheryl

Ginger said...

yummy never hear of these cookies going to try them thank you for posting them.

papa sue said...

I made these for Memorial Day and my family loved them. Thanks for sharing your favorite recipes.

Sue
SOTF911