Thursday, April 3, 2008

Playing Dolls...

Ahhhh...remember those days when we "played dolls"! I loved to play with my Barbie dolls but my favorite doll in the whole wide world was my Chatty Cathy doll. She would talk to me all day and make me feel so motherly with all the things she wanted me to do for her! "Comb my hair, change my dress, play with me, I'm tired, I'm hungry" and so on! No wonder I was tired at the end of the day!
~
I still have my old Chatty Cathy with a broken finger and yes, naked but I still love her! A few years ago my sweet husband surprised me for Christmas with a brand new reproduction Chatty Cathy. Oh, she is cute as a button and she even came in the exact reproduction box that flooded me with memories! Wasn't playing dolls heavenly!
~
Maryjane xo
~

6 comments:

shirl said...

Hello again, I stopped back to take a look at MaryJane's Farm that posted about on my blog and see that you posted again. Yes, I had a Chatty Cathy, but I don't have her anymore. Now I'll go and check out MaryJane's. If it's the same I have a few MaryJane books and a magazine.
Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

madrekarin said...

I never had a Chatty Cathy, but I did have a Kissy doll. She made a kissing sound when you pressed her arms together.
Gosh- I love your kitchen! It's how I want mine to look when it grows up. :)

Pam said...

Oh, I had almost forgotten...I had a Chatty Cathy doll, too!
Thank you for the good memory!

Beverly said...

OMG MJ, I had a Chatty Cathy doll, too. She was my favorite and the source of one of my most traumatic childhood memories. I can remember being away from home with my parents one day. Upon returning to the house, I rushed into my room, picked up my Chatty Cathy and pulled her string. Instead of talking, she roared...and never talked again. Oh was that a sad day for me! I can still remember it well.

Maryjane said...

Oh Bev! Sorry, but I had a good laugh! Cute story! My old Chatty Cathy roars to! What an awful sound! How sad for us! Hugs, Maryjane

Katmom said...

Mine was Blond w/a pink dress & white apron...before to long I had pulled the ring/string one time to many and the string came off the ring...no more Chatty...that was the negative side of being a military family, we moved every 2 years and had to travele light, so we kept very few posessions and so my Chatty Cathy was lost somewhere over the years...
I have even searched ebay in hopes of finding a replacement...but it's just not the same...
>^..^<