Thursday, March 20, 2008

Families Are Forever



This crossstitch is hanging in my living room. It is the focal point of the room and also in my life. I love my family and all the joy they bring into my life! This Easter season brings back fond memories of my childhood. For those who remember the 50's & 60's, didn't you love wearing a Easter bonnet and white gloves! And those pretty slips we wore under our dresses that were so crisp! I loved my slip! My Grandmother's Sadie & Alberta made the sweetest Easter dresses for my sisters and I. Grandmother Alberta never used anything other then her Singer treadle sewing machine that I now have! Enjoy your Easter with family and make wonderful memories to cherish forever! xo

4 comments:

Katmom said...

speaking of petticoats & slips, I remember my 1st & only crinoline petticoat, not very soft, kinda scratchy, but it sure made my dresses look cool! And don't forget those shiny black patent leather shoes! ah, those were fun days!.

Maryjane said...

Yes! And those patent leather shoes were called Maryjane's!!!!!

dl said...

i just love this cross stitch. was it a pattern? i enjoy reading your blog.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello dl, thanks for coming by! I bought this already made so I am not sure if the person who made it used a pattern. Have a nice day! -Maryjane